This grilled chicken coupled with my cucumber yogurt sauce is easy to make, moist and has great flavor.
My secret to tender chicken is very simple: lemon juice. If you have 5 minutes in the morning, throw a few chicken breasts in a large plastic resealable bag (am I allowed to say Ziploc?), add lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and you are well on your way to a quick, easy and healthy dinner. The best part? Lemon juice has almost zero calories and is loaded in antioxidants and of course, Vitamin C. Forgot to marinade the chicken this morning? Not a problem – chicken only needs 30 minutes to effectively absorb a marinade. I’ve actually read a few articles in Cooks Illustrated proving that regardless of whether you marinate the meat for 30 minutes or 8 hours, it penetrates the same distance into the meat.
Grilled Chicken with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- 1.5 lb chicken breasts
- 1/2 Juice of a lemon or more
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Cucumber Yogurt Sauce to serve
- Place all ingredients into Ziploc bag and seal tight.
- Combine gently with your hands to ensure all chicken is coated evenly.
- Marinade for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Grill or broil chicken to serve (about 5 minutes per side or until temperature exceeds 170 degrees.)