It’s BBQ season and that means long, leisurely parties outdoors! Instead of worrying if the deviled eggs are going bad or the creepy potato salad has been sitting out too long in the sun, why not try a few mayo-free party favorites? Today’s recipe has a Mexican twist with fresh, clean flavors of lime, cilantro and garlic.
Not a fan of cilantro? Try a few of my other tasty BBQ dishes:
Make these for your next BBQ – your friends will thank you and so will their waistline.
Your fork is waiting.
Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salsa
- 2 ears corn (husks removed)
- 15 oz can black beans (drained)
- 1 red pepper (minced)
- 4 scallions (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1/2 c cilantro (minced)
- 1 Juice and zest of lime
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Pre-heat grill on high heat.
- Meanwhile, mix all remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and let sit.
- Grill corn directly on the grates - no oil required.
- Turn cobs every 2 minutes until all sides of the corn are slightly charred.
- Once corn has slightly cooled, slice off kernels and mix into bean mixture.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for future use.