Nothing beats a juicy steak. Sirloin is my favorite cut of beef but this recipe works well with anything from tenderloin to flank. By adding a bit of brown sugar to the spice rub, the steak caramelizes and forms a sinfully delicious crust. Need a few more reasons to make this recipe?
Health Benefits of Beef:
- Excellent source of zinc, vitamin B12, phosphorus and selenium
- Fabulous source of protein (which helps rebuild muscle and supports a strong body)
- Great source of iron, niacin, riboflavin and vitamin B6
But really, it just tastes fantastic.
Your fork is waiting.
- 1 1/2 lb sirloin steak
- 2 tbs coffee beans finely ground
- 2 tbs black peppercorns freshly cracked
- 1/2 tbs salt
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1/2 tbs cayenne
Pre-heat grill on high.
Combine coffee through cayenne in a small bowl to create spice rub.
Coat the sirloin evenly with the spice mixture and let sit for 20 minutes or so at room temperature. (Cold meat on a hot grill will shrink.)
Grill for 5-7 minutes per side, turning once, for medium-rare. Cook more or less based on preference.
Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing to allow juices to re-distribute.
Great source of Iron and Vitamin A