Nothing beats a juicy steak. Sirloin is my favorite cut of beef but this recipe works well with anything from tenderloin to flank. By adding a bit of brown sugar to the spice rub, the steak caramelizes and forms a sinfully delicious crust. Need a few more reasons to make this recipe?
Health Benefits of Beef:
- Excellent source of zinc, vitamin B12, phosphorus and selenium
- Fabulous source of protein (which helps rebuild muscle and supports a strong body)
- Great source of iron, niacin, riboflavin and vitamin B6
But really, it just tastes fantastic.
Your fork is waiting.
Grilled Sirloin Steak with Coffee Crust
- 1 ½ lb sirloin steak
- 2 tbs coffee beans (finely ground)
- 2 tbs black peppercorns (freshly cracked)
- ½ tbs salt
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- ½ tbs cayenne
- Pre-heat grill on high.
- Combine coffee through cayenne in a small bowl to create spice rub.
- Coat the sirloin evenly with the spice mixture and let sit for 20 minutes or so at room temperature. (Cold meat on a hot grill will shrink.)
- Grill for 5-7 minutes per side, turning once, for medium-rare. Cook more or less based on preference.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing to allow juices to re-distribute.
Do you use instant coffee or regular? Would regular already ground coffee work?
I use regular ground coffee, not instant!
way too much pepper! that was all we could taste. way too much rub, nearly enough for two steaks.
Oh no – I’m so sorry it was too much pepper for your taste! We like it on the peppery side but I understand everyone has different preferences. Again, my apologies.
Thank you for sharing! I’ve linked to it from my site because may of these ingredients are on sale this week and others may be looking for an amazing dish for their meal plan. Thanks again!
My pleasure! Thanks for featuring my website.