These light and fluffy pumpkin muffins are scented with fall flavors and made with whole grains.
Now that pumpkin season is here, I am not holding back! Pumpkin is one of my favorite ingredients to use all year round but I love when fall hits and everyone rallies.
Whether it’s stirred into oatmeal, blended into a smoothie, mixed into waffles or used in muffins like I am here, no one complains about pumpkin season!
The secret to these moist and fluffy pumpkin muffins is the combination of pure pumpkin, whole wheat pastry flour and creamy plain yogurt.
When combined, the end result is always a perfectly dense and light muffin.
Ideal for freezing, simply let them cool completely then wrap individually in plastic wrap before popping in the freezer. To reheat, simply microwave for 45-60 seconds.
No forks required.
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup pure pumpkin
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray two muffin pans with cooking spray or line with muffin tins.
- In a stand mixer, gently mix together dry ingredients: flour through cloves.
- With the stand mixer beating on low speed, carefully add in all of the wet ingredients, working one at a time, starting with the pure pumpkin. Once all ingredients have been added, beat for 20 seconds to incorporate, carefully scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed (with mixer turned off when needed.)
- Using a large cookie scoop, carefully scoop batter into muffin pans. You should have enough to fill two dozen. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Let cool slightly before removing from muffin pan to cool completely.
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl // Photography by Alejandro Photography
Want more delicious and easy breakfast ideas? I know you’ll love all the options on my Pinterest Board!
This sounds like a great recipe, Will organic all-purpose or just whole wheat flours work?
Yes absolutely Alicia!! Enjoy!
SO DELICIOUS!!! and easy too!! Thank you for this wonderful add to my favourites!
I’m so glad you enjoy them!
Can I substantive coconut oil for sone other oil?
Any oil you wish!
Love pumpkin. I think I’ll try this with gf flour ?
You’ll love them!!