Smoky paprika and chipotle peppers in adobo add flavor and depth to this healthy and satisfying turkey chili. This version is for your stovetop and is ready in less than an hour.
Smoky paprika and chipotle peppers in adobo add flavor and depth to this healthy and satisfying turkey chili. This version is for your stovetop and is ready in less than an hour
- 1 lb ground turkey breast 99% fat free
- 2 tbs cumin
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced (optional)
- 1 tbs all-purpose grill seasoning
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 c chopped veggies (red/orange/yellow peppers carrots, celery, etc.)
- ½ can beer (rest for the coo-can sub with chicken broth)
- 1 c chicken broth
- 1 small can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 tbs bbq sauce
- 1 can beans of choice drained and rinsed
- ½ c frozen corn
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Greek yogurt and fresh cilantro to garnish
Heat large soup pot over medium high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
Add turkey and spices (cumin through grill seasoning and cook for 6-8 minutes or until turkey is browned.
Add onion, garlic and vegetables and continue cooking 6-8 more minutes until veggies are tender and turkey is starting to get really brown. (
Don't be afraid to walk away from the pot. We want the meat to caramelize and turn very brown - almost like it's burning.)
Add beer to deglaze the pan and scrape up brown bits on bottom of pan using a wooden spoon.
Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, bbq sauce and bring to a boil.
Add rinsed beans and corn.
Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Simmer for 20 minutes or longer and garnish to serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and chopped fresh cilantro. Tastes even better the next day.