Wondering why I don’t have a photo of these delicious herb marinated grilled pork chops? My husband and I were too busy eating them that I completely forgot to take a photo. I suppose that is a good sign that this recipe is one that deserves to be shared!
Not a fan of pork? This marinade works perfectly well with chicken. Want to incorporate other fresh herbs? Be my guest. Fresh mint would be a fabulous addition. Hate cilantro? Use fresh parsley instead! Don’t have any limes on hand? Use orange juice.
Whatever you do, please don’t spend $5 on a bottle of corn syrup-laden marinade from the grocery store.
Your fork is waiting.
Marinated Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops centercut butterfly
- 1 c fresh basil
- 1/4 c cilantro
- 2 tbs sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place pork chops in a glass dish or zip-lock bag.
- To create marinade, pulse all remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour marinade over the pork chops and let sit 30 minutes or over night.
- When ready to cook, grill on high heat about 8 minutes per side or until internal temp reaches 160 degrees.
- Let chops rest 5-10 minutes before serving to allow juices to re-distribute.