These bright and fresh hummus flatbread pizzas are perfect for entertaining but healthy enough for a quick snack or light meal.
You guys already know how much I love hummus. We eat it by the tub on a weekly basis and I’m guessing you do, too. But have you ever tried cooking with hummus and enjoying it as more than just a quick and healthy snack?
Recently I did just that by using hummus as a pizza topping on this riff on a traditional Middle Eastern fattoush salad. The end result was out of this world and so much fun to eat. Each bite full of bright flavors, creamy feta and zesty za’atar was the perfect complement to the smooth and creamy Sabra hummus.
Ideal for feeding a crowd during the big game, this appetizer is practically no-cook and is completely versatile. Don’t have classic hummus on hand? Try it with roasted red pepper or toasted pine nut. Want to give it more of a Greek spin? Toss in sliced kalamata olives and sprinkle with oregano.
The options are endless, just be sure to make extras. These delicious hummus flatbread pizzas won’t last long. At least not in my house.
No forks required.
Hummus Flatbread Pizzas with Fattoush and Feta
- 1 large whole wheat flatbreads or pita rounds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup Sabra Classic hummus
- 1 roma tomato (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and place flat bread or pita rounds on a baking sheet. Brush the top of each with one tablespoon of the olive oil. Bake until golden brown and slightly crispy, about 7-9 minutes.
- Spread the top of each with equal parts of the hummus.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the fattoush salad: tomato through salt. Spoon equal parts of the salad mixture evenly on top of the hummus.
- Sprinkle with crumbled feta and slice into triangles to serve.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Sabra Tastemaker. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.