This fresh spin on breakfast toast is topped with creamy hummus, crunchy apples and toasted walnuts then drizzled with a sweet tahini honey sauce.
You guys are big fans of breakfast toast which is why I’m so excited to share yet another fun spin: hummus toast with apples and toasted walnut with a creamy honey tahini drizzle!
To get started, toast a thick slice of your favorite crusty whole grain bread. I love getting a loaf from my favorite local bakery but use whatever you have on hand. The higher quality, the better.
Next, top each slice with creamy Sabra original humus, sweet diced apples and crunchy toasted walnuts. The variety of textures in this toast is what makes it so special and addictively delicious.
Delicious as is, I couldn’t help myself but take it to the next level by whipping up a quick sauce of honey tahini sauce for drizzling.
The nutty tahini blends perfectly with the sweet and floral honey which I cut just slightly with lemon juice and warm water.
Drizzle each slice with the tahini honey sauce right before serving.
What’s your favorite way to top breakfast toast? I’d love to hear from you!
Hummus Toast with Apples and Walnut with Tahini Honey Sauce
- 4 slices crusty whole grain bread (toasted)
- 1/2 cup Sabra original hummus
- 1/2 cup diced apples
- 1/4 cup diced walnuts
Honey Tahini Sauce
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons warm water (or more if needed )
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch salt
- Toast walnuts in a dry pan over medium heat until brown and fragrant, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes; set aside.
- Spread two tablespoons of Sabra hummus on top of each piece of toasted bread. Top hummus with 2 tablespoons each diced apples and diced walnuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tahini, honey, warm water, lemon juice and pinch salt. Add more warm water if needed to reach desired consistency. Drizzle sauce over the hummus toast before serving.
Disclosure: I am honored to be in a long term relationship with Sabra. All thoughts are my own. Thank you for supporting The Lemon Bowl. Photography by Alejandro Photography.
Interested in more delicious breakfast ideas? Check out my Pinterest board!