A healthy spin on the popular candy bar, these No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Bites are packed with protein and fiber to give you long-lasting energy.
Snacks are vital to my being. Between chasing around my toddlers all day and hitting the gym five days a week, it’s pretty rare for me to last more than 3 hours without needing a little energy boost.
Not only are snacks another opportunity to nourish the body with vitamins and nutrients but they are essential if you want to avoid turning into a hangry monster.
As you’ve probably noticed, I’m a huge fan of almond joy anything. There is just something magical about combining frangrant coconut with rich chocolate and crunchy almonds. Since we’ve already tackled Almond Joy Granola and Gluten Free Almond Joy Pancakes, I decided to create No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Bites for on-the-go snacking.
To give these bites even more staying power, I added my new favorite protein powder from my friends at Bob’s Red Mill. This product is new to me but after using it for several weeks in smoothies, pancakes and more – I am a huge fan. Not only does it taste delicious (reminds me of malted powder) but it is unsweetened and has just 1 g of sugar per serving. Most brands out there have 6 g or more.
To create the perfect texture and consistency, I decided to pulse the ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. Melted coconut oil and all natural honey are folded in before they are rolled into portable energy bites.
I love stashing them in my car for a post-workout snack or in my laptop bag when I’m working from a coffee shop. It’s a great way to avoid temptation and keep me satisfied until dinner.
No forks required.
No-Bake Almond Joy Energy Bites
- Place the first 5 ingredients (oats through salt) in a food processor and pulse until mixture reaches the consistency of crumbly sand.
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey and melted coconut oil.
- Pour the almond oat mixture into the bowl and stir until fully incorporated with the honey and coconut oil.
- Stir in the shredded coconut then begin forming into bite-sized balls using a small cookie scoop or one large spoon.
- Serving immediately or chill in an air-tight container to enjoy later.
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Bob’s Red Mill Brand Ambassador. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. As always, all thoughts are my own.