A quick and easy make-ahead snack recipe, these no-bake peanut butter energy bites are the ultimate healthy breakfast, snack or dessert!
I heart snacks. We’ve addressed that already. But I never fully understood the importance of having an endless supply of healthy, ready-to-eat snacks on hand until I lived with two growing toddler boys.
Everyone warned me that boys would eat me out of house and home and man were they right. But you know what? It’s all good. Luckily their mama makes snacks for a living and today I’m excited to share our latest obsession: no bake peanut butter energy bites!
The secret to these irresistible energy bites? Kashi’s newest Go Lean Vanilla Clusters packed with plant-based protein including yellow peas, sorghum, pepitas and smashed red beans. Crispy, crunchy and lightly sweetened, it is naturally gluten free and non-GMO project verified.
For even more plant-based protein and omega-3 healthy fats, I use Kroger Simple Truth organic creamy peanut butter. Stir in a little honey, oats, flax seed and mini chocolate chips and you’re well on your way to the easiest no-bake snack recipe you’ll ever try.
We prefer eating them cold but you can store them room temperature as well. Just be sure to make a double batch, these babies never last long.
No forks required.
No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Kashi® GOLEAN® Clusters Cereal Vanilla Pepita
- 1/2 cup flax seed meal
- 1/2 cup Organic creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Organic Honey
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until evenly incorporated. Don’t be afraid to use a little elbow grease – it will all come together.
- Form into balls using a small cookie scoop and rolling them with your hands.
- Place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before eating (if you can wait that long!)