Granola is a sneaky little cereal. Marketed as a healthy breakfast option, most store bought versions are loaded in sugar, fat and calories. To be perfectly honest, I also think it is dry and coyingly sweet. So I decided to make my own version: a bit chewier, nuttier and much less sweet. If you’d like to make it a bit sweeter, feel free to stir in raisins, dried apricots of dried cherries. My preference is to serve it in a parfait with plain yogurt and fresh fruit. Granola is also tasty sprinkled into pancakes, muffins or served simply with a splash of milk.
In this Post: Everything you need for Olive Oil Granola and Honey
Your spoon is waiting.
Olive Oil Granola and Honey
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, walnuts, almonds, coconut and flax meal.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together cinnamon, salt, vanilla, olive oil, applesauce and honey.
- Coat the oat mixture with the wet mixture and stir well to combine.
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to ensure even baking.
- Let cool completely before storing in airtight container or bag. *If you wish to add dried fruit, simply mix in after mixture has cooled.