This quick and easy sheet pan dinner chicken recipe results in tender Italian-spiced chicken, caramelized onions, peppers and fennel.
With the healthy living season in full force, I couldn’t be more excited to share some of the easy, healthy and delicious recipes I make for my family all year round. As you can probably imagine, when you’ve been maintaining a 65 pound weight loss for more than 12 years, you have to keep your diet in check all year round.
Sheet pan chicken dinners are naturally gluten free, low carb and high protein but beyond that, they are so easy and always result in tender, juicy chicken and caramelized veggies.
For this Italian sheet pan chicken dinner recipe I start by thinly slicing peppers, onions and fennel and scattering them in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Additionally, since any good Italian (and Lebanese girl for that matter!) knows that everything tastes better with garlic, I toss in 10 whole cloves of garlic, skin on.
By roasting the garlic whole inside the skin, it becomes sweet, tender and caramelized. When you’re ready to eat, the garlic cloves will pop right out of the skin,
Similar to the garlic, as the onions, peppers and fennel roast they become tender and caramelized. Read: sweet and delicious!
See? Healthy eating isn’t so bad now is it, friends? You’ve got this.
Your fork is waiting.
One Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 bell peppers (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1 fennel bulb (cored and thinly sliced)
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 10 cloves garlic (skin-on is fine)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (divided)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (divided)
- 2 teaspoons salt (divided)
- 1 teaspoon pepper (divided)
- 4 6-ounce organic chicken breasts, boneless-skinless
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Scatter the sliced pepper, fennel and onion in a single layer on the baking sheet, along with the whole cloves of garlic. Drizzle veggies with half of the olive oil, half the salt, half the pepper and half the oregano. Toss well.
- Place the chicken breasts on top of the veggies and brush both sides with remaining olive oil and sprinkle both sides with remaining spices. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping chicken breasts halfway through the cook time.
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Want more delicious dinner ideas? Check out my Pinterest board!
8 thoughts on “One Pan Italian Chicken and Vegetables”
Looks perfect for dinner any night of the week!
I love this dinner idea- so quick and easy!
I hope you love it!
I’m all about the sheet pan suppers these days…and this is perfect since I’m obsessed with fennel!
My cousin wants to lose weight and I have been sending her recipes which she will appreciate. Adding this one to her bucket list, but I’m also going to try it soon!
Are you always so stinkin’ cute in the kitchen!