For those of you who avoid oats and want a classic granola, this is it! It has the greatest granola chunks and a wonderful flavor and texture. Did I mention how amazing your house will smell while it’s baking? Mmm…
Whether you follow a paleo diet or simply want to eat healthier, I am so excited to tell you about this granola recipe from my friend Lexi’s new cookbook.
Lexi’s practical approach to clean eating is just one of the many qualities I admire in this lady who is beautiful inside and out. Filled with easy and inventive recipes to inspire you morning, noon and night, you must get your hands on a copy of her new cookbook.
Lexi’s Clean Kitchen is packed with more than 150 nourishing recipes, full-color photos, shopping lists, how-to guides, and simple tips for customizing your clean lifestyle, making each step of the way approachable and, above all, enjoyable!
Of course, who doesn’t love a hearty bowl of granola? This paleo granola recipe is packed with heart-healthy nuts, seeds, honey, molasses and a hint of cinnamon. You’re going to love every single bite.
Your spoon is waiting.
- 1 cup raw slivered almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ½ cup raw whole almonds
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or granulated maple sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Optional: ½ cup whole or diced dried fruit of choice see notes
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white whisked
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, chop the nuts and seeds into
- rice-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts, seeds, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. If you will be consuming the granola within a week after baking it, add the dried fruit, if using.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey, maple syrup, molasses, and vanilla until boiling. Once boiling, pour over the nut mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the whisked egg white, making sure that it’s mixed in well.
- Spread out the mixture on the lined baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown. Watch the granola in the oven to avoid burning. Let cool completely in the pan.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
For chunky clusters, let the granola cool completely before removing it from the pan.
Recipe and Photography from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen: 150 Delicious Paleo-Friendly Recipes to Nourish Your Life
Eager to try more paleo recipes? My Pinterest board is only one click away!