Lunch meets breakfast with these whole grain, protein-packed peanut butter and jelly pancakes.
While we don’t eat pancakes every weekend, a few times a month I like to whip up a big batch so that I can stock the freezer with homemade frozen pancakes. Mornings are a bit frantic in our house so I love knowing that I can have a warm, wholesome breakfast ready in just 60 seconds.
Lucky for me, my oldest loves to help “Mama mix”. Cooking with toddlers isn’t the tidiest of tasks but I believe it’s important to get your kids in the kitchen at an early age. Friends often ask why my kids aren’t picky eaters and I really believe getting them involved in the cooking process from farm to plate plays a vital role in their attitudes towards food.
This time of year we often make pumpkin or banana pancakes but I decided to turn my son’s favorite sandwich into breakfast with these Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes. Plain yogurt keeps them light and fluffy and natural peanut butter adds tons of flavor, healthy fats and protein.
These freeze beautifully so make a double batch and thank me in the morning!
Your fork is waiting.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Pancakes
- Heat peanut butter in a microwave-safe dish for 30 seconds; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: whole wheat pastry flour through salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients: eggs through vanilla. Add melted peanut butter to the bowl and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Heat a non-stick griddle on medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Ladle batter on to the griddle about ⅓ cup at a time. Heat on first side until bubbles begin to surface then flip. Cook on other side until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- While pancakes are cooking, microwave raspberry preserves with 2-3 tablespoons water for 45-60 seconds or until warmed through. Whisk raspberry syrup with a fork to remove lumps.
- Serve pancakes with raspberry syrup and extra peanut butter if you wish.