Two of your favorite comfort foods collide in this healthy mash-up of pizza and meatloaf. Fast, healthy and naturally gluten free, these pepperoni pizza meatloaf muffins are always a hit.
We make meatloaf muffins at least once a week. Quick-cooking, versatile and always a family-favorite, my boys absolutely love this healthy and easy dinner recipe.
Once I saw how much my kids loved my Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins, I decided to create a pizza-inspired version topped with shredded mozzarella and bite-sized pepperoni pieces. Bell peppers, sausage or ham would also be great on these muffin-sized meatloaves.
If you don’t have ground beef on hand, ground turkey or chicken would work just as well. The best part? These pepperoni pizza meatloaf muffins are 100% gluten free! A great alternative to the traditional slice of pie.
Your fork is waiting.
Pizza Meatloaf Cups
- 24 ounces ground beef sirloin
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup parsley minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni cut in small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and have a non-stick muffin tin ready to go.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients (beef through pepper) with your hands until evenly incorporated. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins, gently shaping into small meat loaves.
- Brush each meat loaf cup evenly with tomato sauce. Sprinkle each cup evenly with shredded cheese and pepperoni pieces before baking in oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.