Two of your favorite comfort foods collide in this healthy mash-up of pizza and meatloaf. Fast, healthy and naturally gluten free, these pepperoni pizza meatloaf muffins are always a hit.
We make meatloaf muffins at least once a week. Quick-cooking, versatile and always a family-favorite, my boys absolutely love this healthy and easy dinner recipe.
Once I saw how much my kids loved my Cheeseburger Meatloaf Muffins, I decided to create a pizza-inspired version topped with shredded mozzarella and bite-sized pepperoni pieces. Bell peppers, sausage or ham would also be great on these muffin-sized meatloaves.
If you don’t have ground beef on hand, ground turkey or chicken would work just as well. The best part? These pepperoni pizza meatloaf muffins are 100% gluten free! A great alternative to the traditional slice of pie.
Your fork is waiting.
Pizza Meatloaf Cups
- 24 ounces ground beef sirloin
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup parsley (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni (cut in small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and have a non-stick muffin tin ready to go.
- In a large bowl, mix together first 7 ingredients (beef through pepper) with your hands until evenly incorporated. Divide mixture evenly between 12 muffin tins, gently shaping into small meat loaves.
- Brush each meat loaf cup evenly with tomato sauce. Sprinkle each cup evenly with shredded cheese and pepperoni pieces before baking in oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Hi there, love this. Would you like to share this with the other participants in Food on Friday over at Carole’s Chatter? I have a weekly link up party – each week there is a different ingredient or theme. The current theme is Beef!
You can see upcoming themes in one of the pages at the top of my home page. If you would like to join in the fun please schedule a reminder for each week. The collection starts at 7am Friday New Zealand time – which might be some time Thursday your time – I do find time zones quite confusing. Hope to see you soon. Cheers, Carole
Sure not problem – just as long as you don’t share the whole recipe and link to my website for the recipe itself.