Today’s recipe is a week overdue but it is in honor of my little plum (which is now my little peach!) Good news? This recipe would work just as well with sliced peaches so feel free to mix and match.
Ginger is one of my secret weapons when it comes to fruit recipes. Fresh or ground, this tangy root is the perfect way to boost flavor without adding calories. The next time you make a berry smoothie, try grating a little fresh ginger into the mixture. You’ll be amazed at how well it complements the brightness of the berries. The same thing is true for baked fruit dishes. A little ground ginger is a perfect addition to any plum or peach dish. If you love Ginger Peach tea as much as I do, you already know this.
Fruit crisp is traditionally served with vanilla ice cream but another great idea is to drizzle a little plain Greek yogurt mixed with honey on top. Of course, who am I kidding, I’ve been obsessed with ice cream long before getting pregnant so you certainly won’t see any judgment coming from me at this point in my life. Your fork is waiting.
Apple Plum Crumble
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a medium sized baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine sliced plums, apples, lemon zest, cinnamon, ginger and salt in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Spread fruit mixture into baking dish.
- Meanwhile, mix oats, brown sugar and butter cubes in a small bowl with your fingers to form topping.
- Sprinkle on top of fruit mixture and bake for 20-30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt mixed with honey.