What is your favorite way to use leftover pumpkin?? I’d love to hear from you.
No forks required.
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 15 ounces pure pumpkin from can
- 1 large carrot shredded
Cream Cheese Topping:
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1 tbs skim milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan with non-stick butter spray.
- In a small bowl, wisk together flour, spices, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat together sugar and butter substitute with an electric mixer on high until crumbly.
- With mixer on medium, slowly add eggs one at a time.
- Continue mixing and add pumpkin and carrots.
- Add flour mixture to the wet mixture until well combined.
- Pour into jelly roll pan.
- In a small bowl, wisk together cream cheese, sugar and milk until smooth.
- Drop teaspoon-fulls of topping over pumpkin batter and swirl and cut mixture into batter with a butter knife.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan completely on wire rack before cutting into squares.
Looking for some dessert recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!