Perfect for on-the-go, these chewy granola bars are full of warm pumpkin spices and just the right amount of chocolate.
I love snacks, pumpkin and chocolate so it is no surprise I found a way to combine them all into one delicious bite. After a recent trip to a big box store looking for snacks, I made the mistake of reading the ingredient labels and couldn’t find a single one without corn syrup, modified food starch or a million other bizarre words I couldn’t pronounce. :)
My husband packs a lunch for work every day and my two year old is hungry around the clock so I love having a healthy, homemade sweet treat around the house that is ready to go when they need it. The little creature growing inside of me is also hungry all the time so I like stashing these in my car or diaper bag so that I don’t have to rely on over priced store bought snacks or the $3.00 Luna Bar I recently purchased at my gym after a post-workout dizzy spell. (Whoops!)
What have you been adding pumpkin to lately?? I’d love to hear from you!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8 x 8 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients: oats through ground cloves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk wet ingredients: pumpkin through vanilla. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir chocolate chips into the mixture then pour into prepared baking pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let bars cool completely before slicing.