Asparagus and tangerines are drizzled with olive oil, salt and pepper then roasted until caramelized and tender. You will love this fast and easy side dish recipe!
As we transition from winter into spring, I can’t think of a better (or easier!) side dish to celebrate the season than this beautiful platter of roasted asparagus and tangerines topped with toasted almond slices and slivered scallions.
We made roasted vegetables at least two or three nights a week which is why I’m always looking for new ways to change it up so my kids don’t get bored. My most recent solution? Adding Sunkist tangerines to the mix before popping the olive-oil tossed asparagus in the oven.
The end result was the perfect balance of sweet, salty, crunchy and toasty. An ideal Easter or Passover side dish, your guests will love this modern twist on a classic.
Your fork is waiting.
Roasted Asparagus and Tangerines
- 1 pound asparagus spears (trimmed)
- 2 Sunkist Gold Nuggets mandarin (peeled and segmented or Ojai Pixie tangerines)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- slices lemon wedges (scallions and toasted almond - optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place asparagus, tangerines, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag and shake until evenly coated. Spread in an even layer on baking sheet and roast until tender, 15-18 minutes.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, scallions and toasted almond slices if you wish before serving.
More healthy Sides are waiting for you on Pinterest!