Crock Pot Indonesian Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 3 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tsp coriander
- 1 tbs cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into 1 in pieces
- 1 large onion thinly sliced
- 1 in large eggplant chopped 1 in pieces
- 4 in carrots chopped 1 in pieces
- 1 can chick peas drained
- 1 c light coconut milk
- 1 c water
- 1 can diced tomatoes low sodium
- 1 can tomato sauce low sodium
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 c green peas frozen or fresh
- In a small bowl, combine grated garlic and all spices (cinnamon, coriander cumin, salt and pepper.)
- Rub the chicken pieces in the spice mixture and place in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Top chicken with onion, eggplant, carrots, chick peas, coconut milk, water, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and lemon juice.
- Cook in High for 4 hours of Low for 8 hours. Stir in frozen peas 10 minutes before serving.
- Check for seasoning and add salt/pepper to taste.