This easy slow cooker chili combines chicken, white beans, fire roasted tomatoes and all of your favorite Mexican spices into a delicious, protein-packed dinner – perfect for busy weeknights.
Whether you’re busy with little ones at home or simply pressed for time in between work meetings, after school obligations and everything else life throws at us, one thing is clear: we love our slow cooker!!
In fact, all of you made if VERY clear in my recent reader survey that you want more slow cooker recipes and chicken recipes so guess what? I decided to kill two birds with one stone with this addictively delicious and ridiculously simple Slow Cooker White Bean Chicken Chili recipe.
Truth be told, I was hosting a play date lunch for 3 adults and 5 kids under the age of 3 so I needed an easy recipe that I could prep ahead of time. The night before I simply tossed everything in the slow cooker and let it do its thing.
The verdict? Thumbs up from all! Well…at least those who are eating solids. Don’t worry Aria, your time is coming! (Isn’t my niece adorable? And that’s my friend Kim’s first baby Maddie on the right.)
This makes a big batch so if you aren’t hosting a crowd save leftovers for lunches throughout the week or freeze for later this fall when you’d rather carve pumpkins than make dinner.
Your spoon is waiting.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- 12 ounces shredded chicken breast such a rotisserie
- 6 cups chicken broth low sodium
- 2 14- ounce cans white beans - drained and rinsed i.e. great northern or navy
- 16 ounce jar salsa verde
- 15 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 4- ounce cans chopped green chills
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional Toppings: lime wedges avocado, cilantro, scallions, plain yogurt
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker and heat on Low for 8 hours or High for 4 hours.
- Serve with optional toppings.