My Southwest Chicken Lettuce Cups are the perfect use for leftover turkey after Thanksgiving or chicken breasts any day of the year. By adding beans to these lettuce cups, you can use less chicken meat which means less saturated fat and cholesterol. Added bonus? Extra fiber and protein from the heart healthy beans.
In this Post: Everything you need for Southwest Chicken Lettuce Wrap
Not a fan of Southwest flavors? Use Asian flavors instead and wisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and fresh ginger. A little sriracha wouldn’t hurt anyone either.
Your family will be thrilled you transformed leftovers into a completely new flavor profile. No creepy Hellman’s casserole required.
Southwest Chicken Lettuce Wrap
- 1 Juice of lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ c fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1 c corn kernels
- 14 oz can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 c red pepper (diced)
- ½ c red onion (diced)
- 8 leaves lettuce (bibb and red romaine work well)
- 8 oz shredded chicken or turkey breast
- In a small bowl, wisk together lime juice with cilantro, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Toss in corn, beans, red pepper and onions.
- Line large platter with lettuce leaves and add equal amounts of veggie mixture to each cup.
- Top with shredded meat and serve.