This Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt parfait is easy to make and packed with over 18 grams of protein per serving to give you long-lasting energy!
Breakfast is one of my favorite times of the day in our house, especially now that we aren’t racing out the door to beat the school bell! My toddlers are usually in their best spirits of the day and like any growing boys, they always wake up starving.
As a result, they will eat two or three servings of almost anything I put in front of them including their three favorite foods: fruit, yogurt and cereal.
Of course, Michigan strawberry season is in full force right now so you better believe we are loading up on those juicy red jewels every day right now!
For a one-two power punch of protein and fiber, I created these fun and easy strawberry banana parfaits using Kashi’s new GoLean Vanilla Clusters cereal and Simple Truth plain Greek yogurt. Each serving provides over 18 grams of protein which means hopefully my boys will stay full for at least 60 minutes. No promises though.
Non-GMO project certified, gluten free and vegan, each bite of the cereal is made with real vanilla, pepitas, sorghum and rolled oats. To keep the entire dish vegan just swap in a soy-based yogurt. The best part? You can find the cereal, yogurt and fruit all at your local Kroger store.
What are your favorite summer breakfast recipes? I’d love to hear from you!
Your spoon is waiting.
Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt Parfaits
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt such as Kroger Simple Truth Organics
- 1 cup Kashi® GOLEAN® Clusters Cereal Vanilla Pepita
- 1/2 cup strawberries chopped
- 1/2 banana sliced
- In a parfait glass add 1/4 cup of the yogurt to the bottom of the glass then top with 1/4 cup of the Kashi® GOLEAN® Clusters Cereal.
- Add 2 tablespoons each chopped strawberries and sliced bananas.
- Repeat with yogurt, cereal and fruit until you've filled the glass.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
For more great smoothie recipes check out my Pinterest board!