Ahh…strawberry season! Tiny, ripe, beautiful, red berries bursting with notes of floral honey. Any normal human would celebrate with shortcake and whipped cream. In my house, we celebrate with a smoothie. To each their own. :-)
5 Reasons To Make This Smoothie
1. It will keep you full until lunch.
2. You can drink it casually throughout the morning (in case you have a busy job and baby like me.)
3. One serving provides over 20 grams of fiber.
4. It is protein rich – over 24 grams per serving.
5. It is creamy and delicious. (Thank you local strawberries!)
Your straw is waiting.
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Enjoy immediately.
Excellent source of Vitamins A and C, good source iron and calcium