Table of Contents
This naturally vegan strawberry pineapple smoothie is made with juicy berries, sweet pineapple, creamy coconut milk, and spicy ginger.
It is no secret that I am smoothie-obsessed – especially the Orange Carrot Smoothie and Chocolate Oatmeal Smoothie. They’re quick, healthy, customizable, and make-ahead-able. (Yep, I made that word up.)
Most of my smoothie recipes can be made with what you have on hand, or with some minor substitutions. But this particular recipe calls for ginger, and I highly recommend using it to add some spice and extra special nutrients like a phytochemical called gingerol. Gingerol has been recently studied as a cancer prevention tool and has anti-inflammatory properties as well.
Smoothies are generally simple to make, but I know you might have a few questions about substitutions, blending, adjusting the sweetness, and so on. So, I want to share some additional expert tips with you so the process can become even easier.
Tips on How to Make a Smoothie:
- Use liquid. I typically use water and/or coconut milk, but you can use any kind of milk you have on hand. For frozen fruit, I recommend a bit of water as well.
- Fiber, fiber, fiber. Spinach, greens, and flax seeds are all great options.
- Fresh or frozen? You can use both or neither. Just add ice if you’re using fresh produce.
- Feel free to add nutrition add-ons like protein powder or collagen or add maple or date syrup for extra sweetness.
- Start your blender on low, and then increase the speed so the blades don’t get clogged.
This particular smoothie recipe happens to be naturally vegan, meaning all the ingredients are plant-based. No dairy or animal products here! Of course, not all smoothies are strictly vegan. Some recipes might call for Greek yogurt which is a great source of protein. In general, be sure to read labels if you have dietary restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are smoothies healthy?
Yes! Depending on the ingredients, smoothies can be super healthy – full of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, protein, and fiber. This particular recipe has 5g of fiber.
What kind of blender do I need?
My Blendtec professional blender is my absolute favorite kitchen appliance. I use it daily for my breakfast smoothies and it hasn’t failed me yet.
How do I substitute ingredients for smoothies?
You always want a liquid, fiber, produce, and flavor or add-ins. How you mix and match each of these ingredients is up to you. I have tons of smoothie recipes so if you don’t have the ingredients you need for this one, check out the others!
How do I cut a pineapple?
First, slice off the crown and bottom. Trim the skin carefully, following the curve of the fruit, and remove the eyes as they are inedible. There are two ways to core a pineapple, but for the purposes of this recipe, we are cutting into chunks so you simply cut the pineapple in quarters lengthwise and remove the core. Chop into rough chunks.
If you’re wishing you were on a tropical vacation right now, whipping up one of these Strawberry Pineapple Smoothies might just do the trick!
Your straw is waiting.
Vegan Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender and puree until smooth. Add ice to thicken until you've reached desired consistency.