The best baked sweet potato fries you’ll ever taste, you are going to make this healthy appetizer or side dish recipe again and again. Tahini mayo is the ultimate dipping sauce!
We make sweet potato fries at least once a week in our house. The boys love them and I love how easy and healthy the recipe is to make.
To take them up a notch in time for the holidays, I decided to serve them with my creamy and addictive Tahini Garlic Mayo.
You first saw this over the summer when I spread it on top of a juicy burger but you better believe I was dipping my fries in it too.
If you’re hosting friends and family over the holidays, these can be prepared up to 4 days in advance up until the baking stage. Then, as guests arrive, just pop them in the oven while you sip on bubbly.
In fact, I do this all year long often peeling and prepping the potatoes on a Sunday for easy access all week long when I need a quick side dish recipe. No matter what time of year you make these, just promise me you’ll make them. I guarantee it won’t be the last time.
No forks required.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Tahini Mayo
- 3 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or black pepper
- Creamy Tahini Garlic Mayo to serve
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees and line two baking sheets with foil.
- Place sweet potato strips in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag and add olive oil, garlic powder, salt and cayenne. Shake well until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Spread potatoes in an even layer amongst both baking sheets being careful not to crowd the sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes stirring once halfway through for even browning.
- While fries are baking, whisk together the Creamy Tahini Garlic Mayo to serve.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl