A quick and easy gluten-free and healthy Asian stir-fry recipe with green beans, ground turkey, ginger and hoisin. On the table in 30 minutes or less.
Green bean season is right around the corner and I am pretty thrilled! Of course, they are great on their own, stewed with tomatoes or roasted with bacon, but today I’ve decided to add them to a quick and easy 20-minute stir-fry recipe with ground turkey. Not a turkey fan? Try my Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry recipe instead.
Ground turkey probably isn’t the first type of meat you think of when making a stir-fry but I’d like to suggest you give it a try. Spicy chili-garlic paste is combined with sweet hoisin, fresh ginger and plenty of garlic to create a delicious and healthy dinner unlike any other.
Of course, if you don’t have ground turkey you can easily swap in chicken, shrimp or tofu. No green beans? Try broccoli, peas, cauliflower or zucchini. Let your farm stand be your guide.
The best part? It makes fabulous leftovers and actually tastes even better the next day! Serve with brown rice and dinner is done in under 20 minutes.
Your fork is waiting.
Asian Ground Turkey and Green Bean Stir-Fry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (grated)
- 1 pound green beans (trimmed)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste (more or less to taste)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Pre-heat a large wok or deep pan over high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add ground turkey, garlic and ginger.
- Using a potato masher or wooden spoon, break down the turkey and cook until browned. (Don’t be afraid of color! Brown = flavor. Move away from the pan for a minute – it’s ok, really!)
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, corn starch, soy, hoisin, rice vinegar and chili garlic paste; set aside.
- Once turkey is browned and bits and pieces are sticking to the pan, add in green beans and broth/soy mixture.
- Saute 3-4 minutes then add water chestnuts and sesame oil.
- Cook an additional minute or two then serve. Great with brown rice.
See more of my Asian recipes on my Pinterest board!
This looks great and I’m excited to make it but it is NOT gluten free. Soy sauce contains wheat. The recipe would need to be made with gluten free sauces in order to be gluten free. You might want remove the gluten free part.
Hi Kristin! You can use tamari instead of soy sauce to keep gluten free! https://amzn.to/2RQZ82o Enjoy – i hope you love it!!
Kristen, you can also buy gluten free soy sauce. Most people with gluten indolence know this and have it in their fridge. :)
Thank you so much Laura. :)
Yay green beans! And I’ve got tofu in the fridge that’s going to be so tasty in this recipe. Thanks!
I hope you love it!
Thank you for letting me know! Just fixed it!
Found this in a Pinterest search but I’ve used lots of your recipes. I love the FLAVOR you put into food. This recipe was a big win with both kids – that is no easy feat. It was so delicious! It will definitely be making a repeat appearance on our table. Yum!
I am so so so thrilled you enjoyed it Theresa!! Thanks so much for telling me and please let me know if you try any other recipes of mine!! :)
WOW-ran across your green beans and ground turkey recipe by mistake. We started the Unhealthy Anonymous program were looking for some good alternate recipes and WOW. We loved it.
I only had a 1/2 up of green beans so I added in a cup of spinach and it was delicious.
Oh I’m so glad you like it!!
Made this tonight and it was very tasty…did not put the chestnuts in.
So glad you enjoyed it!!
What a fantastic recipe! My husband halved the amount of chili garlic sauce, and my 3 year old daughter ate her entire plate. If it were just hubby and me, we would definitely use the whole amount of chili garlic sauce called for. Will make again!!
Making this tomorrow night for dinner. What size is an actual serving? I count my calories and have to be careful!
Sorry about that – just updated the post to include the serving size which is 1 cup cooked stir fry. Enjoy!
Thank you! It looks so delicious, I can’t wait to try it tonight!