A quick and easy gluten-free and healthy Asian stir-fry recipe with green beans, ground turkey, ginger and hoisin. On the table in 30 minutes or less.
In this Post: Everything you need for Asian Ground Turkey and Green Bean Stir-Fry
Green bean season is right around the corner and I am pretty thrilled! Of course, they are great on their own, stewed with tomatoes or roasted with bacon, but today I’ve decided to add them to a quick and easy 20-minute stir-fry recipe with ground turkey. Not a turkey fan? Try my Chicken and Green Bean Stir-Fry recipe instead.
Ground turkey probably isn’t the first type of meat you think of when making a stir-fry but I’d like to suggest you give it a try. Spicy chili-garlic paste is combined with sweet hoisin, fresh ginger and plenty of garlic to create a delicious and healthy dinner unlike any other.
Of course, if you don’t have ground turkey you can easily swap in chicken, shrimp or tofu. No green beans? Try broccoli, peas, cauliflower or zucchini. Let your farm stand be your guide.
The best part? It makes fabulous leftovers and actually tastes even better the next day! Serve with brown rice and dinner is done in under 20 minutes.
Your fork is waiting.
Asian Ground Turkey and Green Bean Stir-Fry
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cloves garlic (grated)
- 2 tablespoons ginger (grated)
- 1 pound green beans (trimmed)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic paste (more or less to taste)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Pre-heat a large wok or deep pan over high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add ground turkey, garlic and ginger.
- Using a potato masher or wooden spoon, break down the turkey and cook until browned. (Don’t be afraid of color! Brown = flavor. Move away from the pan for a minute – it’s ok, really!)
- In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, corn starch, soy, hoisin, rice vinegar and chili garlic paste; set aside.
- Once turkey is browned and bits and pieces are sticking to the pan, add in green beans and broth/soy mixture.
- Saute 3-4 minutes then add water chestnuts and sesame oil.
- Cook an additional minute or two then serve. Great with brown rice.
See more of my Asian recipes on my Pinterest board!