The ultimate fast and easy weeknight dinner recipe, this vegetarian Thai green curry made in partnership with Imagine is packed with fresh flavors!
It’s definitely a comfort food season around here! Between the chilly temps and endless snowfall, I am always looking for a warm and hearty new dinner recipe this time of year.
Of course, comfort food means different things to different people. Personally, I crave ethnic flavors like those found in a big bowl of Vietnamese pho or Mexican posole rojo way more than traditional American classics like mac and cheese or mashed potatoes.
One reason I love cooking ethnic food is because quite often the dish is naturally nutritious. Most recently I decided to create a vegetarian Thai Green Curry recipe packed with sweet potatoes, green beans and red peppers.
To help save time and add in even more flavor to the sauce, I whisked together Imagine Creamy Super Greens Soup with traditional Thai ingredients like ginger, curry paste, fish sauce and lime juice. Made with organic, wholesome ingredients like coconut cream, spinach and broccoli, Imagine Super Greens Creamy Soup is a great way to sneak in another serving of veggies into your diet while maximizing the flavor of your dish.
What’s even better? This Thai green curry is extremely versatile! More than anything, use my recipe is a loose guideline to inspire you in your own kitchen. Not a fan of sweet potatoes? Leave them out. Want to add shrimp or chicken? Be my guest. The options are endless.
Your chopsticks are waiting.
Thai Green Vegetable Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 cups green beans cut in 2-inch pieces
Thai Green Curry Sauce
- 2 cups Imagine Super Greens Creamy Soup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic paste optional
- ½ cup green peas fresh or frozen
- brown rice to serve (optional)
- cilantro and scallions optional garnish
- Pre-heat a deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add olive oil then all of the vegetables: onion, sweet potato, red bell pepper and green beans. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste and sauté until the onions are translucent and green beans are bright green, about 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While the vegetables are sautéing, whisk together the Thai green curry sauce: Imagine Super Greens Creamy Soup, through chili garlic paste; set aside.
- Once the vegetables are tender, pour in the Thai green curry sauce. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce to low. Simmer until sweet potatoes are cooked through, about 5-10 additional minutes. Right before serving, stir in the green peas and cook until bright green, about 60 more seconds. Serve over brown rice if you wish and garnish with optional garnishes.
Check out my Pinterest board for more healthy and easy dinner recipes!