This flavor-packed Thai Steak Salad is served over a bed of heart-healthy vegetable noodles. The slightly sweet, nutty sauce brings life to the raw zucchini noodles, and the longer they sit, the more they soften.
One of the greatest gifts of being a food blogger is that over the last 6+ years I have met some of the most inspiring, hard-working, fellow #BossLadies I know. Case in point: my girl Ali who just released her newest cookbook Inspiralize Everything.
I first introduced you to her incredible inspiralized recipes back in January of 2014 when I was taking some time off after having Jacob and she wrote a guest post to share her Tomato Sweet Potato Noodles. Two months later she released her first eBook and I shared her Turkey Bolognese with Zucchini Noodles. Most recently, I shared yet another one of Ali’s beautiful recipes last fall when she released her very own vegetable spiralizer: The Inspiralizer. Like I said, this girl is on fire!
Well folks, Ali has done it once again! Inspiralize Everything is yet another gorgeous cookbook full or creative, healthy and delicious ways to eat spiralized vegetables. As a fellow healthy food blogger, nothing delights me more than seeings beautiful plates of food where brightly colored vegetables are the star of the show.
This Thai Steak Salad is not only easy to make but is packed in protein and low in carbs. Regardless of how you like your steak cooked (I prefer mine medium rare), the juicy beef pairs perfectly with the creamy, Asian-inspired peanut dressing. The entire dish is naturally gluten and dairy free as well.
Once again, congrats Ali! I am so proud and amazed by all of your success over the years!
Friends, be sure to grab your copy of Inspiralized today!
Thai Steak Salad with Zucchini Noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pound NY strip or flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups medium zucchini peeled, spiralized with blade , noodles trimmed
- 1 large carrot peeled spiralized with blade d, noodles trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper spiralized with blade a, noodles trimmed
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons slivered raw almonds
- ¼ cup packed fresh cilantro
- Heat the oil in a grill pan or large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the steak generously with salt and pepper. When the oil is shimmering, add the steak and sear for 4 minutes per side until medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest for about 10
- minutes. Slice it thinly against the grain, then cut each slice into thirds.
- While the steak rests make the dressing. Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed to reach the desired consistency. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preferences.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, carrot, and bell pepper noodles and add the scallions, almonds, and cilantro. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss thoroughly to combine. If desired, marinate the salad in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until the
- zucchini softens.
- Divide the noodle salad among four plates and top evenly with the sliced steak.