Have you seen garlic scapes at the farmer’s market lately? They are the green, curly tops of the garlic plant and are completely edible and taste just like garlic! In fact, they are a bit potent and add great bite to your usual salad. Try them out the next time you see them.
Creamy herb dressing is a delicious and virtually fat free way to dress a salad. Rich, creamy yogurt pairs with fragrant basil and mint to give your salad a major flavor boost. Of course I couldn’t leave lemon and garlic out of the fun so they make an appearance as well.
Your fork is waiting.
Tomato Cucumber Salad with Creamy Herb Dressing
- 2 large tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (sliced)
- 4 radishes (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbs garlic scapes (thinly sliced & optional)
Creamy Herb Dressing:
- ½ c plain yogurt (low fat)
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs fresh basil (chopped)
- 2 tbs fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Lay tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes and garlic scapes on a large planner.
- Whisk together creamy herb dressing in a small bowl and drizzle over veggies.