A lighter version of the Italian classic, this turkey bolognese has all of the rich, meaty flavors you crave served over a bed of guilt-free zucchini pasta.
If you love pasta just as much as you love fitting into your skinny jeans, I have a treat for you! The amazingly talented Ali from Inspiralized has just released her first eBook and I am thrilled to be giving away a copy to one of my lucky readers!
You may remember Ali from when I shared her Tomato Sweet Potato Noodles with Roasted Artichokes and Chicken Recipe recently. Her eBook, Inspiralized: The Ultimate Guide to Spiralized Cooking, is full of more incredible ways to turn your favorite fruits and vegetables into noodles.
If you have no idea what I’m talking about, don’t feel badly – I literally just got my hands on my first spiralizer last month! This handy kitchen tool literally turns anything from zucchini to sweet potatoes to beets into the most glorious noodles, minus the carbs and gluten. Whether you want to cut calories, eat more veggies, suffer from Celiac disease or simply want to have a little more fun at meal time, this device is for you!
Ali’s eBook walks you through everything you need to know about how to make the most out of the spiralizer with plenty of photos to make it easy to understand. My mouth was literally watering as I read through her recipes. I can’t wait to try all of her recipes but a few of my favorites include:
- Carrot-Miso Ginger Cucumber Noodles with Quinoa
- Spiced Lamb Butternut Squash Noodles with Roasted Tomatoes and Feta
- Ginger Garlic Salmon Zucchini Noodle Bowl
- Zucchini Spaghetti with Sriracha Fried Eggs
One last note: I want to assure you that the spiralizer is extremely easy to use, clean and store! Trust me, I have more kitchen appliances than a girl ever needs so I was reluctant to buy another one but it was so easy to use I am kicking myself for waiting.
Your fork is waiting.
Turkey Bolognese Zucchini Pasta
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 3/4 cup carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 1.5 tsp dried oregano and extra for pinching
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp chopped basil
- 3 C medium zucchinis Blade
- shaved Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Add your diced carrots and celery to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Put a large skillet over medium heat and add in the olive oil and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds and add in the red pepper flakes, cook for another 30 seconds and then add in the onions. Cook onions for 2 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add in carrot and celery mixture and cook for 1 minute.
- Push the veggie mixture to one side of the skillet and add in the ground turkey, crumbling the meat. Break up the meat further with a spatula or wooden spoon. Add in 1/2 tsp oregano flakes and cook the meat until it is no longer pink.
- Combine the veggies with the turkey in the skillet. Add in the chicken broth and cook until the broth reduces.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and season generously with salt and pepper. Add in the remaining oregano flakes and basil. Bring to a boil and then lower heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until sauce is completely reduced.
- Add in the zucchini pasta and mix thoroughly to combine. Cook for about 2 minutes or until zucchini softens and heats through. Plate onto dishes and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!