This protein-packed, thick and creamy vegan strawberry smoothie is made with juicy berries, coconut milk and a splash of vanilla.
When strawberry season finally rolls around here in West Michigan, we go a little crazy in the kitchen with all things strawberry.
Whether it’s muffins, vegan ice cream, mojitos or parfaits, we never seem to get sick of these juicy, ripe berries.
While I love using Greek yogurt, I’ve been on a bit of a coconut milk kick lately. Naturally vegan, I love that coconut milk adds a creamy, velvety texture to my smoothies.
In fact, I used it in the Caramelized Pineapple Smoothie I shared recently.
For this particular vegan strawberry protein smoothie recipe, feel free to use either fresh or frozen strawberries. One note: if you start with frozen berries, you won’t need to add as much ice to thicken. The same goes for any frozen fruit.
Cinnamon and vanilla give the sweet and creamy smoothie a bit of added flavor but feel free to swap out with cocoa powder or nutmeg.
Then add ice to thicken and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses and breakfast is ready.
Your straw is waiting.
Vegan Strawberry Protein Smoothie
- 2 cups strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 4 servings vegan protein powder (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (Thai style)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- ice to thicken (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and puree until smooth. Add ice to thicken until you reach desired consistency. Pour into four glasses to serve.
Need more smoothie recipes? Check out my Pinterest board!