Lemon-Basil Grilled Cheese Panini
Lemon zest and fresh basil make these about the most fresh-tasting grilled cheese sandwiches you’re going to find.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella about 1 cup
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 slices Italian or sourdough bread sliced from a dense bakery loaf
Heat the panini press to medium-high heat.
Toss together the mozzarella, feta, lemon zest, and basil in a medium-size bowl.
For each sandwich: Brush olive oil on two slices of bread to flavor the outside of the sandwich. Flip over one slice and top the other side with a layer of the cheese mixture. Close the sandwich with the other slice of bread, oiled side up.
Grill two panini at a time, with the lid closed, until the cheese is melted and the bread is toasted, 4 to 5 minutes.
Calories: 420kcal | Carbohydrates: 57.5g | Protein: 20.5g | Fat: 12.4g | Saturated Fat: 5.2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 7.2g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 870mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g