Mediterranean Tuna Salad
Tuna salad, the lunchtime classic, gets a Mediterranean upgrade in my tasty version made with kalamata olives, roasted red peppers and fresh basil.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 2 five ounce cans tuna drained
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup real mayonnaise or plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives sliced
- 1/4 cup Mezzetta Roasted Red Bell Peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil - mined or Italian parsley
- 8 slices whole grain bread
- Slices Optional Toppings: romaine lettuce Mezzetta Deli Sliced Pepper Rings and Roasted Red Bell Pepper
Place drained tuna in a medium bowl and add onion, mayonnaise, olives, roasted peppers, lemon juice and fresh basil. Stir with a fork until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
Top four slices of bread with a lettuce leaf then add equal portions of tuna salad to each piece. Garnish with optional toppings then top with second slice of bread before slicing and serving.
Calories: 338kcal | Carbohydrates: 29.4g | Protein: 24.8g | Fat: 15.6g | Saturated Fat: 1.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 14.1g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 933mg | Fiber: 4.2g | Sugar: 3.3g