Chicken and Asparagus Stir Fry
This quick and easy chicken and asparagus stir-fry comes together in less than 15 minutes, ideal for a busy weeknight dinner.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cubed
- 1 pound asparagus cut in one-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger root minced
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- roasted black sesame seeds optional garnish
- scallions optional garnish
Heat a large wok or skillet over medium high-heat and spray with cooking spray.
Sprinkle chicken cubes with salt and pepper then add to the hot pan. Sauté until golden brown, about 7-9 minutes, then remove from pan; set aside.
To the same hot pan, add asparagus and stir-fry until bright green, about 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness of your asparagus.
While asparagus is cooking, whisk together remaining ingredients in a small bowl: soy sauce, rice vinegar, hoisin, sesame oil, garlic, ginger and chili paste.
Return chicken to the pan and pour in the sauce. Stir-fry until heated through and sauce becomes fragrant, 1-2 additional minutes.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallions before serving.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.8g | Protein: 26.9g | Fat: 4.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 637mg | Fiber: 2.8g | Sugar: 5g