Zucchini and Green Bean Sauté
A 10 minute side dish for busy weeknights, zucchini and green beans are quickly sautéed in olive oil then finished with lemon juice.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided
- 1 large zucchini halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound trimmed green beans cut in bite-sized pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese feta or shredded parmesan - optional garnish
- red chili flakes optional
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and drizzle the olive oil. Add zucchini, green beans, salt and pepper to the pan.
Sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables become bright green and crisp-tender, about 7-9 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in scallions, lemon juice and garnish with cheese and red chili flakes to serve.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 11.5g | Protein: 2.7g | Fat: 6.9g | Saturated Fat: 0.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 299mg | Fiber: 4.7g | Sugar: 3.3g