Asian Noodle Soup with Shrimp and Wontons
This fast and flavorful Asian noodle soup recipe is made with chicken wontons, shrimp and vermicelli rice noodles.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden chili pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon Gourmet Garden garlic paste
- 2 tablespoons Gourmet Garden ginger paste
- 8 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 16 fresh or frozen shrimp peeled and deveined
- 32 frozen dumplings such as chicken cilantro sold at Costco and Trader Joe's
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 ounces rice noodles prepared according to package instructions
- hoisin sauce sriracha, sliced onion, cilantro and jalapeno slices - optional garnish
Heat sesame oil in a large soup pot over medium heat until warm, about 30 seconds.
Stir in chili pepper, garlic and ginger paste and heat for 30 seconds allowing flavors to develop.
Pour in chicken broth, soy sauce and rice vinegar then bring pot to a boil by increasing heat to high.
Add shrimp and wontons to the pot and bring back to a low boil then reduce heat to low and cook for 3 minutes.
Check for seasoning and add salt or pepper to taste.
Divide cooked rice noodles between four bowls and ladle shrimp and wonton soup mixture on top.
Garnish with cilantro, sliced onion, jalapeno slices, hoisin and sriracha if you wish.
Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 68.6g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 4.8g | Saturated Fat: 0.6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.2g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 1142mg | Fiber: 4.1g | Sugar: 2g