Grain Bowls with Chicken and Vegetables
This protein-packed chicken and roasted veggie grain bowl is drizzled with a creamy tahini dressing and bursting with flavor.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 cups cooked bulgur wheat or quinoa for gluten free bowl
- 4 servings leftover Asian Citrus Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts quartered
- 2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash or sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado pitted and cubed
- 1 Cara Cara orange - segmented or seedless orange of choice
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
Creamy Tahini Dressing
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt more or less to taste
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with foil. Toss the quartered Brussels and cubed butternut squash with olive oil, salt and pepper then spread in even layer on baking sheet. Roast until tender, 16-18 minutes.
Begin assembling grain bowls by placing 1/2 cup bulgur wheat in each bowl along with 1/2 cup of the shredded chicken, 1/2 cup roasted veggies and equal parts of the avocado cubes, orange segments and sliced almonds.
To make the Creamy Tahini Dressing whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl until smooth and creamy. Add a little more warm water if needed. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
Drizzle dressing on grain bowls to serve.
Calories: 410kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 31.3g | Fat: 15.7g | Saturated Fat: 1.9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 13.8g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 1433mg | Fiber: 11.1g | Sugar: 7.8g