Grilled Pizza with Pesto and Mozzarella
This fast and easy grilled pizza recipe is made with bright pesto, fresh mozzarella and topped with a lemony arugula salad.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 11 minutes
Total Time 16 minutes
- 1 inch pre-cooked 12- whole wheat pizza crust such as Trader Joe's
- ½ cup basil pesto store-bought or homemade
- 8 ounces part-skim fresh mozzarella sliced in 1/2 in. pieces
- 12 ounces baby arugula
- 1 zest and juice of lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- grated parmesan cheese and red chili flakes garnish
Pre-heat grill over medium heat.
Spread the pesto over the pizza crust then top with slices of fresh mozzarella.
Grill pizza with the lid open until cheese starts to melt and crust is warmed through, about 8-11 minutes.
While pizza is cooking, toss arugula with lemon juice/zest and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve pizza sliced with arugula salad on top. Garnish with parmesan cheese and red chili flakes to serve.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 24.9g | Protein: 9.1g | Fat: 13.7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8.7g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 611mg | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 0.2g