Vegetarian Mexican Baked Hummus Dip
This quick and easy vegetarian appetizer recipe is made with two types of beans, spicy hummus and plenty of shredded cheese.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
- 2 10-ounce containers Sabra Supremely Spicy Hummus original works too!
- 15 ounces black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or monterey jack cheese
- diced avocado, scallions, tomato, red onion, cilantro optional garnish
- tortilla chips optional to serve
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and have an 8 x 8 baking dish ready.
In a medium bowl, mix together hummus and beans. Spread in an even layer in the bottom of baking dish then top with shredded cheese. Bake until warm and bubbly, about 20-25 minutes.
Garnish with optional toppings if you wish and serve with chips or veggies.
Calories: 173kcal | Carbohydrates: 13.1g | Protein: 9.1g | Fat: 9.4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6.4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 433mg | Fiber: 3.7g | Sugar: 0.4g