Healthy Asian Chicken Chopped Salad
This crunchy, flavor-packed Chinese chicken chopped salad is filled with veggies and tender chicken then tossed in a creamy, peanut dressing.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 4 cups shredded cabbage red or green
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 12 ounces shredded cooked chicken breast such as rotisserie
- 1/2 cup scallions minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro minced
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts minced
Creamy Peanut Dressing
- 3 tablespoons creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce low sodium
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili paste optional
- 1 clove garlic minced
- warm water to thin optional
All all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl (cabbage through roasted peanuts); set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing (peanut butter through garlic) until smooth. Add a bit of warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time, to thin if you prefer a thinner consistency. Note: you may need to add additional salt to taste.
Drizzle dressing over the salad and toss well. Check for seasoning before serving and adjust accordingly.
Serving: 2cups | Calories: 396kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1552mg | Potassium: 813mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 6640IU | Vitamin C: 70.9mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2.1mg