Skillet Mexican Street Corn
Fresh sweet corn is sautéed with spices before being tossed with lime juice and topped with cilantro, onions and Mexican cheese.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 5 cups fresh corn from about 6 ears
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lime juiced about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped red onion or substitute scallions
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- lime wedges for serving optional
Remove the kernels from the corn and set aside.
Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, mayonnaise, salt, chile powder and cayenne. Stir to coat and cook for about three minutes, until hot.
Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle with the onion, cheese and cilantro. Stir to combine. Serve with lime wedges, for an extra kick of lime, if desired.
Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 33.4g | Protein: 5.4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 3.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.7g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 350mg | Fiber: 5.7g | Sugar: 5.8g