Fresh sweet corn is sautéed with spices before being tossed with lime juice and topped with cilantro, onions and Mexican cheese.
Sweet corn during the last few weeks of summer will always hold a special place in my heart. It will always remind me of my Papa Leo who traveled here from California every summer making it a point to enjoy as much midwest sweet corn as possible during his visit!
My entire family loves corn so we have been making it a lot lately. We often grill it, toss it into soups or throw it into salads at lunch time. Just when I thought it couldn’t get any better, my friend Mary introduced me to a new favorite recipe: Skillet Mexican Street Corn.
This fresh and flavorful recipe is just one of many delicious new ideas from her new cookbook: The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook. If you’re a busy home chef (and who isn’t), this book is for YOU!
Mary is a busy mom of boys just like myself so I know that these recipes are not only fast to make but are 100% kid-friendly. With a variety of recipes including appetizers, salads, entrees, sides and desserts, each dish is made with simple, easy-to-find ingredients.
Above all, Mary’s recipes are PACKED with flavor like this Mexican Skillet Street Corn filled with fresh lime juice, cotija cheese and a subtle kick of cayenne. Your whole family will love it, I know mine did.
Your fork is waiting.
Skillet Mexican Street Corn
- 5 cups fresh corn from about 6 ears
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lime juiced about 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoons finely chopped red onion I was out and used scallions!
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- lime wedges for serving optional
- Remove the kernels from the corn and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn, mayonnaise, salt, chile powder and cayenne. Stir to coat and cook for about three minutes, until hot.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving dish. Drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle with the onion, cheese and cilantro. Stir to combine. Serve with lime wedges, for an extra kick of lime, if desired.
Recipe from The Weeknight Dinner Cookbook //
For more great healthy Mexican recipes, check out my Pinterest board!