Simple baked fish gets a major flavor boost from lemon, kalamata olives, capers and sun-dried tomatoes to create this delicious and healthy weeknight dinner.
We all know that fish is an excellent source of lean protein yet so many of us are afraid to cook it at home. Not only is fish extremely versatile and delicious but it is also very quick cooking making it an ideal weeknight dinner option.
Recently wild caught cod was on sale so I decided to give it a Mediterranean twist with a quick and easy sun-dried tomato, caper and kalamata olive tapanade. Not only did it add moisture to the fish while baking but it added a ton of flavor and healthy omega-3 fats to the dish. My husband and 18 month old devoured their plates which is always a good sign.
Want more easy fish recipes? Here are a few other delicious ideas for you to try:
Herb Crusted Baked Cod from bell’alimento
Baked Cod Oreganato from One Perfect Bite
Chili Rubbed Fish with Quinoa, Corn and Black Bean Salad
Baked Lemon Herb Cod from Sarah’s Cucina Bella
Balsamic Fish Tacos from Dine & Dish
7 Ways with Salmon from Cooking Light
Your fork is waiting.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and place the cod filets in a large glass baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
- On a cutting board with a sharp knife, begin mincing the olives. Add the tomatoes to the cutting board and continue chopping and mixing in with the olives. Do the same with the parsley and capers.
- Continue mincing until olives, tomatoes, parsley and capers begin to form a paste.
- Add the grated garlic, lemon zest and chili flakes and use the back of the knife to combine all of the tapanade ingredients until a rough paste forms.
- Spread the mixture evenly on top of all four cod filets then top with lemon slices.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.