This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kroger. The opinions and text are all mine.
The ultimate easy cocktail recipe, these mixed berry mojitos are bright, refreshing and ideal for summer entertaining.
Since everyone typically has fresh mint taking over their garden this time of year, I love creating fun and different variations of a classic rum cocktail: the mojito. Bright, refreshing and bursting with fresh mint flavor, nothing tastes better on a hot day.
For a fun twist and fruity flavor, I created a mixed berry simple syrup using a bag of Simple Truth’s frozen Simple Truth’s frozen Organic Berry Medley. Frozen mango, blueberries or raspberries would work great too. Use whatever you have on hand! Fortunately, there are over $100 on organic items with digital coupons at Kroger. Be sure to visit organicseveryday.com between July 9th – 26th for savings.
For a subtle kick in the background and a beautiful floral aroma, I added a splash or orange blossom water to the simple syrup. If you don’t have any on hand, leave it out. But if you can get your mitts on it, I highly recommend it.
Your straw is waiting. Cheers!
Mixed Berry Mojitos
- 10 ounces Organic Berry Medley - Simple Truth Frozen
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 whole limes quartered
- 6 ounces white rum
- 16 ounces club soda
- Place the frozen berries in a medium sauce pot along with water, sugar and orange blossom water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove berry mixture from the heat and strain over a fine mesh strainer into a liquid measuring cup. Cool to room temperature or store in the refrigerator until you're ready to prepare mojitos.
- To prepare mojitos, fill four glasses with ice and set aside.
- Place the mint leaves and lime chunks in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle with the back of a wooden spoon to expel the lime juice and release the mint flavor. Add the rum and cooled berry mixture then shake well, for at least 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into each glass, 3/4 of the way full. Top each glass with club soda before garnishing with additional lime and mint to serve.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: I am honored to be an ambassador for Kroger. Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
Check out more of my drink recipes on my Pinterest board!