The ultimate easy cocktail recipe, these mixed berry mojitos are bright, refreshing and ideal for summer entertaining.
My ideal summertime cocktail is well balanced (not too sweet), fruity and fizzy. If fresh herbs or ginger are involved in some way, all the better.
Since everyone typically has fresh mint taking over their garden this time of year, I love creating fun and different variations of a classic rum cocktail: the mojito. Bright, refreshing and bursting with fresh mint flavor, nothing tastes better on a hot day.
For a subtle kick in the background and a beautiful floral aroma, I added a splash or orange blossom water to the simple syrup. If you don’t have any on hand, leave it out. But if you can get your mitts on it, I highly recommend it.
Your straw is waiting. Cheers!
Mixed Berry Mojitos
- 10 ounces Organic Berry Medley – Simple Truth (Frozen)
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- 2 whole limes (quartered)
- 6 ounces white rum
- 16 ounces club soda
- Place the frozen berries in a medium sauce pot along with water, sugar and orange blossom water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove berry mixture from the heat and strain over a fine mesh strainer into a liquid measuring cup. Cool to room temperature or store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to prepare mojitos.
- To prepare mojitos, fill four glasses with ice and set aside.
- Place the mint leaves and lime chunks in the bottom of a cocktail shaker and muddle with the back of a wooden spoon to expel the lime juice and release the mint flavor. Add the rum and cooled berry mixture then shake well, for at least 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into each glass, 3/4 of the way full. Top each glass with club soda before garnishing with additional lime and mint to serve.
Check out more of my drink recipes on my Pinterest board!
17 thoughts on “Mixed Berry Mojitos”
This refreshing drink is calling my name!!
The flavors in this cocktail sound utterly amazing and refreshig!
These look incredible and so refreshing!
So good Matt!
We go through quite alot of club soda for lemonades and cocktails – I love that you used a good amount of it in your mojitos!
YES!! Bubbles are the best!
Mojitos are my favorite Summer drink, and I love trying different versions. Can’t wait to try this!
Yes!! So fresh and easy!
Everyone deserves a tasty boozy beverage at the end of a long day. This looks super refreshing.
That’s a fact!!
A perfect cocktail recipe for Summer’s. This Mixed Berry Mojitos really looks very refreshing. Thanks for sharing.
So so good!! Enjoy!
Just looking at this drink is refreshing….can only imagine drinking it is more so. I’m new to your site so if this question has been asked and answered please forgive me. Can you share where you found those interesting glasses? I really like the shape. Thanks.
Thank you so much – they’re from Crate & Barrell!! They’re a bit old though, maybe 3 years now. I bought them in Chicago when I photographed my Smoothie Cookbook!