Made with fresh orange and lemon juice, this ginger-infused non-alcoholic drink is ideal for warm weather entertaining. Add prosecco to turn into a fruity cocktail.
My beautiful friend Joanne is expecting her first baby (it’s a girl!) any minute now and I couldn’t be more excited to participate in her virtual baby shower!
Joanne and I had the pleasure of meeting a couple years ago (she’s on the far right) during a visit to NYC. Lucky for me, I happen to be flying to NYC tomorrow and have plans to see her again! Be sure to follow me on Snapchat (TheLemonBowl) or Instagram to follow along.
Of course, what’s a shower without a fun and fruity drink? Made with freshly squeezed Cara Cara orange juice, Meyer lemon juice and ginger-infused simple syrup, this is the ultimate warm weather entertaining drink.
For a splash of fizz, I top each glass with club soda before serving. If you feel like swapping out club soda with prosecco, who am I to judge? Just be sure to pass a glass, sista.
Congratulations Joanne! I’m so excited for your growing family and can’t wait to see you in a couple days to give you a squeeze!
Your straw is waiting.
Orange Ginger Spritzer
- 1 cup Ginger Simple Syrup see below
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 8 ounce bottles club soda
- ice and orange wedges to serve
Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 8 inch piece ginger root cut in thick slices
- To make the ginger simple syrup, heat the sugar and water in a small sauce pot over medium-high heat stirring frequently to dissolve sugar. Add the ginger to the pan the reduce heat to low. Let ginger steep for 30 minutes; let cool.
- Fill four glasses with ice and pour in equal parts fresh orange juice, lemon juice and ginger simple syrup. Finish each glass with club soda before serving.
Need some more weekend Drinks?