This easy and flavorful slow cooker pork recipe is made with Greek spices, lemon and olive oil. Perfect for shredding and serving in a pita with creamy tzatziki sauce.
Greek food has a lot in common with Syrian food, the food I grew up eating. Often full of lemon, garlic and olive oil, you always know that a Greek meal is going to be full of flavor but not leaving you overly full of feeling heavy.
Fortunately, my entire family loves Greek food so we make it quite a bit. These slow cooker pork souvlaki pitas were not only easy to make but a huge hit with the little ones.
Pork shoulder is slowly cooked in a Greek marinade made with simple ingredients like lemon, olive oil, dried mint and za’atar. When it’s done cooking, I simply shred it with two forks and stuff it into pitas with tomatoes, onions and our favorite Sabra Cucumber Dill Tzatziki Dip.
The cool and creamy tzatziki is the perfect balance to the savory Greek souvlaki. If you have dip leftover, serve it over grilled chicken, salmon or use as a dip with vegetables. The options are endless.
Your fork is waiting.
Slow Cooker Pork Souvlaki
- 2 pounds pork shoulder boneless, cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried mint
- 1 tablespoon za'atar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes or black pepper
- Sabra Classic Tzatziki Dip to serve
- pita bread to serve
- red onions, tomato slices to serve - optional
- Place the pork shoulder in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the next nine ingredients (olive oil through chili flakes or black pepper.) Pour over the pork and cover with lid. Cook on Low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Using two forks, carefully shred the pork in the slow cooker, mixing the shredded pork with the juices it created while cooking. Serve in pita bread with onions, tomatoes and Sabra Tzatziki Dip.
Photography by Alejandro Photography // Recipe by The Lemon Bowl
Disclosure: I am honored to be a Sabra Tastemaker. Click here to save $1.00 off any one Sabra Tzatziki product! Thank you for supporting the brands that make The Lemon Bowl possible. All thoughts are my own.
For more healthy slow cooker recipes, check out my Pinterest board!