An easy weeknight dinner recipe, chicken thighs are baked until golden brown with a sweet and tangy soy ginger glaze.
I don’t know about you but I firmly believe one can never have enough easy, healthy chicken dinner recipes. Am I right?
Whether it’s my Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore, Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos or Greek Egg Lemon Soup with Chicken, I love using flavors from around the world to take my chicken recipes to the next level.
While I typically use chicken breasts in my recipes, I have been inspired by my Ema Ljuba who often uses chicken thighs to feed her family. And for good reason: they’re tender, affordable and versatile.
The chicken thighs are baked in the oven with a sweet and sticky Asian glaze made with soy sauce, ginger, honey and sesame oil.
To serve, I like to garnish with scallions and sesame seeds. You can serve these chicken thighs over brown rice or skip the rice entirely and enjoy it with my Japanese Quick Pickled Cucumbers and roasted broccoli.
How do you like to prepare oven baked chicken thighs? I’d love more ideas!
Your fork is waiting.
Asian Glazed Baked Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs bone-in, skin-on
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Asian Soy Glaze
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- sesame seeds and scallions
- Pre-heat oven to 375. Place chicken thighs in a baking dish and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Flip over to coat both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Asian Soy Glaze ingredients. Pour mixture on top of the chicken thighs. Bake until chicken is cooked through, 40-50 minutes. Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions to serve if you wish.
Recipe by The Lemon Bowl // Photography by Alejandro Photography
Want more delicious Asian inspired recipes? Check out my Pinterest Board!