Oven Roasted broccoli is served with a sweet and spicy hoisin dipping sauce to create this gluten free and kid-friendly side dish.
During the cold winter months, I love roasting vegetables to create simple and nutritious side dishes. The oven adds a little extra warmth in the kitchen while allowing the natural sugars in the vegetables to caramelize.
Since you know I love keeping a well-stocked Asian pantry, I decided to throw together a simple hoisin dipping sauce to go alongside the broccoli. Sweet, sticky and slightly spicy, it is the perfect complement to the earthy, nutty flavor of the roasted broccoli.
If you don’t think your children like broccoli, I urge you to try this cooking method. The same thing goes for cauliflower, asparagus, Brussels, beets and more. As you can see, my Sous Chef couldn’t keep his paws off this dish!
Your fork is waiting.
Oven Roasted Broccoli with Hoisin Dipping Sauce
- 4 cups broccoli cut into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black roasted sesame seeds optional garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, toss together broccoli with olive oil and salt. Spread in an even layer on baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes or until tender and slightly browned.
- While broccoli is roasting, whisk together hoisin dipping sauce by combining all ingredients (hoisin through samba oelek) in a small bowl.
- Garnish roasted broccoli with black roasted sesame seeds and serve with hoisin dipping sauce.