Fresh lemonade and fragrant orange blossom water are a match made in heaven. This drink is perfect for summer entertaining.
Summertime and lemonade are synonymous. My family’s favorite version of the classic drink involves the unmistakable scent of orange blossom water. Fragrant, floral and very potent, you only need a splash to transform your favorite lemonade into something magical. Since I’m a sparkling water addict, I top it off lemon flavored La Croix but club soda would work well too.
Today is not the first time I shared this family recipe. Last August I did a TV segment on EightWest, my local NBC affiliate, featuring recipes for summer. Whether you’re hosting a 4th of July party, bridal shower or pool party this summer – there is nothing as refreshing as this sparkling lemonade. If you’re hosting a baby shower, you can keep the drink as is for the lady of the hour or you can add a splash of vodka for the non-pregnant guests.
If you’ve never seen orange blossom water before, you can find it at many international markets, middle eastern markets or you can simply buy it online. In fact, my friend Ali recently picked up a bottle and asked for suggestions on how to use it which reminded me that I never shared this recipe. Be sure to follow Gimme Some Oven if you don’t already. Every recipe she posts is incredible but I’m also eager to see what she does with that bottle of orange blossom water!
Your straw is waiting.
Sparkling Orange Blossom Water Lemonade
- 32 oz lemonade prepared or homemade
- 2 teaspoons orange blossom water
- 12 oz sparkling lemon flavored water such as LaCroix
- slices fresh mint and lemon optional garnish
- Fill four tall glasses of ice halfway full with lemonade.
- Add ½ teaspoon orange blossom water to each glass then top with a few ounces of sparkling water.
- Garnish with fresh mint and lemon slices before serving.